Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

This thing has been going around on Facebook like crazy, and I've been "tagged" about 20 times. I'm supposed to post 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about myself. I'm also supposed to tag 25 people to do the same. I'll post the 25, but no tagging for me. I think most anybody I'd be interested in hearing from has been tagged.

  1. When I transitioned to doing High School ministry in 1999, I did so with much hesitation. I had every intention and desire to be a Junior High Pastor.
  2. I have no allergies.
  3. I was in a rock band in High School... Cellophane Dream. Lead singer. We played 2 shows. 1 was aesome. We wrote a few songs, and actually recorded one at Mike's (guitar) dad's recording studio.
  4. I have a terrible immune system. I get sick a lot. When I get the flu, it takes me about twice the time to recover.
  5. I played 4 years of tennis in High School. In those four years, I played in one varsity match.
  6. I was in 4H for 4 years... Swine (all 4 years) & Beef (2 years).
  7. I have a fascination with professional wrestling. In 1998, I went to Fort Wayne with several guys for a live taping of WCW Monday Nitro. Diamond Dallas Page came up right beside us. We slapped his back and got on TV.
  8. My first road kill was a horse.
  9. Thanks to Terry Linhart, I had lunch with Rob Bell (author and Pastor of Mars Hill church in Michigan). TGIFridays in Mishawaka. I believe he had garlic chicken. I can't remember what I had.
  10. The begining of Summer between my Freshman and Sophomore year, I wrecked my Honda Spree scooter on the way to Driver's Ed. I had a severe concussion and blod clot in my head. I was in ICU for a week, and couldn't do any physical activity (running, jumping, heavy lifting) for the rest of the Summer.
  11. Multiple Summers with 2 trips to Kings Island and/or Cedar Point has kind of burned me out on Roller Coasters.
  12. This is the first Summer since 1997 I won't be on an IMPACT (Youth Missions) or GO (SEMP, NYGO, etc.).
  13. I am tentatively committed to speak for Senior High CDYC (Missionary Church Central District's Youth Conference) in June 2010.
  14. People often ask when/if I am going to become a Senior Pastor. I have no desire or intention to do so.
  15. I want to write and publish a book.
  16. I don't have a Master's degree. I have 3 graduate credits.
  17. My wife sang for me at our wedding. It was meant to be a surprise, but I figured it out a couple weeks before. It was still very cool.
  18. Janelle and I have a tradition... every time we see a limosuine, one of us will say, "Whoa, it must be Burt Reynolds or somebody." (Can you name that movie?)
  19. When I can't sleep, I play the alphabet game. I take a category (movies, NFL athletes, Lord of the Rings characters, etc.) and I go through A-Z naming those in that category. I rarely make it through the entire alphabet.
  20. I met a girl (at Cornerstone Music Festival) who dated Prince.
  21. I operate best on 10 hours of sleep.
  22. Every time I walk toward the entrance to NorthWood High School, a spiritual battle takes place inside me.
  23. When I was in Jr High, I traded away what is probably equal to $1,500 worth of Football cards for a single Baseball card worth $30.
  24. I've been Skydiving once.
  25. I really don't like cell phones. I have one more out of neccessity than desire.

3 comments:

Brian a.k.a. Buzz said...

#8 ouch

Landen Gall said...

I think #22 sounds worthy of an entire blog post.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about #22 also.
B. Snyder